Since the war in Ukraine began in February 2022, International Relief Teams has been working with trusted partners on the ground in Ukraine and surrounding countries, providing swift assistance to those who need it most.
Our response has been focused on key areas to ensure the greatest impact to Ukrainians:
• Hygiene kits for adults and babies;
• Cash disbursements to help displaced families access food, medicine, and housing;
• Food assistance including food kits and hot meals for displaced people;
• Support to healthcare centers with essential medicines and medical supplies;
• Healthcare training for healthcare workers in the areas of infection prevention and control;
• Water, sanitation, and hygiene, including bottled water, water-storage tanks, toilets, and handwashing stations;
• Psychosocial support including one-on-one counseling to support the mental health and well-being of those suffering from trauma;
• Support to shelters serving women, children, and the elderly.
Thanks to our generous donors, International Relief Teams also supported an orphanage in Kherson—a city south of the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv—while it was under Russian control, out of the reach of international organizations. It was the heroic efforts of several teachers and administrators in Kherson that kept children in this orphanage safe and out of the hands of Russian forces.
And, your donations have helped to support kids from newborn to 18 years old.
In April 2023, we were able to distribute additional food, toys, clothing and cash transfers to these deserving families.